Cisco Networking Academy Program: Second-Year Companion Guide (2nd Edition)
The only authorized textbook for the Cisco Networking Academy Program
This newly revised and expanded edition maps to the current version of the web-based curriculum and contains many advancements and learning aids, including the following:
- Additional chapters, not found in the web-based curriculum, include remote access technologies, virtual private networks (VPNs), and developing network security and network management strategies
- Companion CD-ROM contains exclusive enrichment materials such as interactive e-Lab activities, animations, and CCNA preparation questions that prepare you for the practical portion of the CCNA exam
- Chapter objectives provide references to the concepts covered in each chapter
- Reviewquestions at the end of each chapter help track your progress and focus your study
- New Command Summary adds to your understanding of commands used to configure Cisco routers and references the chapters in which each command appears
- Material covered in this book helps you prepare for the CCNA exam
Cisco Networking Academy Program Second-Year Companion Guide , Second Edition, is the Cisco-approved textbook for Semesters 3 and 4 of the Cisco Networking Academy(tm) Program CCNA(r) curriculum. This Companion Guide supports and reinforces the web-based curriculum for the Cisco Networking Academy Program while extending your knowledge of additional topics pertaining to CCNA certification. This textbook introduces you to the design, configuration, and maintenance of switches, local-area networks (LANs), and virtual local-area networks (VLANs). You also gain critical hands-on experience by working with class members to network a fictional school district through the Threaded CaseStudy, called the Washington Project.
Cisco Press is a collaboration between Cisco Systems, Inc., and Pearson Education that is charged with developing high-quality, cutting-edge educational and reference products for the networking industry. The products in the Cisco Networking Academy Program Series are designed to prepare students for careers in the exciting networking field. These products have proven to be strong supplements to the web-based curriculum and are the only print companions that have been reviewed and endorsed by Cisco Systems for Cisco Networking Academy Program use.Companion CD-ROMThis companion CD-ROM contains interactive e-Lab activities, CCNA preparation questions, and animations that reinforce book topics and the overalllearning experience.